Sunday 20 November 2016

LET BYGONES BE BYGONES

wisdom quotes by Master Lu Jun Hong


There was oBYGONESa man in his twenties who got framed and jailed for 10 years. The injustice case was revealed later and he was freed from prison.

Many days and years after being freed from prison, he has been ranting and cursing everywhere. He repeatedly said: “I am so unfortunate. I had to spend my young and most promising age in prison even though I was innocent. The prison cell was a ridiculous place to live in. It was so small and narrow that it was difficult for me to turn around. It also had a tiny window where I can barely see the sunlight. It was unbearably cold during winter and mosquitoes bites during the summer. I really do not understand why Bodhisattva punished me instead of the guy who framed me. Even if he was being sliced into a thousand pieces, I still couldn't hate him enough!”.

Living in hatred, he has been repeating these words until he got bedridden at the age of 75.

At that time, a highly respected Zen Master was introduced to him to help his mental illness. As the Master sat by the side of his bed, he asked the man: “Why are you still suffering after all these years?”.

When those words were heard by the man, he cried in frustration and said: “How can I let go? The ones who placed me in misfortunate are still alive. I need to curse them, every single one of them.”.

The Zen Master then asked him: “For how long have you been framed to prison? And how long did you live after being freed?”. He started counting specifically and told the Master.

The Master took a long sighed and said: “You are really the most unfortunate person in the world. You were framed into prison for 10 years  and got out eventually. Instead of eternal freedom, you chose to live in hatred, complaints and curses as you put yourself back into prison, tortured yourself for 50 years!”.

~ Inspiring Story by Master Lu Jun Hong, New Zeland, 6th November 2016

Website : http://richardjunhonglu.org/

http://guanyincitta.com/en/

If you wish to know more about How To Start Performing Recitations, please contact me via WeChat. My WeChat ID is sumi1223 

Follow Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/lujunhong (English)or Follow Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/guanyinxlfm (mandarin)     



Namaste, Page Admin



No comments:

Post a Comment